Pages

Saturday, June 27, 2009

WE ARE JUST PASSING THROUGH

You might had heard this before, if not most of the time: Our life on earth is just temporary. But indeed it is true. We are just passing through to this life in order to prepare for the real life -- which is eternity

Imagine the vegetables that you are about to cook. How much time do you spend to check the freshness of the vegetables, not to mention the procedure of washing it and selecting the good ones out from the bad ones. Our life here on earth is just a mere process of preparation.

If you are a newly hired employee of a multinational company, you will first undergo a thorough orientation and training before you start your actual job. They want to make sure that before you start your work, you know by heart everything about the company and to ensure that you will work according to their procedure. The same thing with our life as God wants us to prepare “the work” waiting for us in His kingdom.

I remember my first job interview. I am fully aware that they require someone who had related experience before. Although I know that I am not qualified as per their work experience requirement, my interest pushed me to pursue to apply. By the way, the job was salesperson in a music store! I imagine myself playing all the musical instruments that on that store all day long.

Right on the very first question, I was jumbling my words trying to connect it to what my nervous mind was thinking. It was the famous “Tell me something about yourself?”. I won’t tell what my answers are because until now whenever I remember it my skin hairs rise up in embarrassment. It’s all because I am not prepared!

Performers spend most of their time practicing for their next act. They just want to make sure that when the real performance comes they can portray perfectly their act. If you are going to ask them, they surely enjoyed their time during practices even with trials and challenges. But there’s nothing more worth it during the actual presentation itself.

Our life here on earth is just a preparation for our real life with our Creator.


25 February 2009, Hor Al Anz, Dubai

No comments: